ConnectiCon's Cosplay Events are back! Have you been practicing your awesome dance moves since last ConnectiCon? Maybe you're been working on your wig styling skills. Or possibly perfecting the perfect final attack that will help you be the ultimate victor! Well, look no further! Now's your chance to take the stage and be part of this years epic events!
Please read the rules listed below, click the links for more information, and apply for your chance to participate in one of ConnectiCon's Cosplay Events!
IMPORTANT for all Cosplay event applications:
You must submit individual applications for EACH EVENT you would like to participate in. Please have all applications sent in by the deadline. Once the entry limit has been reached, no other entries will be accepted. A waitlist will be taken for each event, but that is not a guarantee you will be accepted as a participant.
*Note: If you are applying to the J-Pop/K-Pop division of Pop-Off! Dance Competition you are not required to submit costume and character photos. Please see Pop-Off! Rules for more details.
COSPLAY EVENTS: GENERAL RULES & GUIDELINES
Note: These rules address conduct required of all contestants in all Cosplay Events. Event-specific rules will be individualized on each coordinating event page.
- Applicants must have a valid paid membership for the convention before applying to Cosplay Events.
- Cosplay Events participants MUST check-in at Cosplay HQ to confirm their participation in events. Failure to check in by the appropriate time will result in elimination from the event. If you cannot check in during these times, then you must contact the Event Coordinator before check in has ended.
- There are NO ON-SITE REGISTRATIONS FOR EVENTS. All participants must apply online during the open application period. Only applications submitted in full before the listed deadline will be accepted.
- When applying, you must email pictures of you in your completed cosplay to CosplayEventPhotos@connecticon.org as part of your submission. Applications without emailed images will not be considered.
- Original Characters (fan-created/generic/parody) are permitted on a case by case basis.
- All characters must come from the following genres: Fantasy, sci-fi, webcomic, anime, cartoon, comic, movie, and video game. If there are any questions, please contact the Event Coordinator.
- Participants are chosen on the following criteria:
- Character popularity
- Costume quality
- Previous event experience
- Applicants may be accepted or waitlisted for each Cosplay Event they apply to. To confirm your status, please respond to emails punctually or you will be removed from the participant list.
- The general rules and safety instructions for each event will be covered by the Main Events staff at event setup. If you do not follow the rules set by the staff, you will not be allowed to participate in future events.
- Be considerate that you do not to hurt someone or damage another person's costume.
- Minors (those under 18 years of age) may only participate in Cosplay Events when given written permission by their legal guardian. Permission forms will be available both at the convention and online. If you are a minor, please bring the signed copy with you when you check in for your events. Minors cannot participate in 18+ events even with guardian permission.
- By registering, all Cosplay Event participants agree to let ConnectiCon use their image for promotional purposes – any photograph, video, or audio recorded at the event. All participants will be required to sign a waiver at check-in acknowledging this. If you do not sign a waiver, you will not be allowed to appear in the events.
- No fluids, confetti, glitter, or any substance can be released on stage that cannot be immediately removed. Do not bring anything on stage that you cannot take off with you.
- Keep all content and language to PG-13 and under. ConnectiCon is a family-friendly convention.
- ConnectiCon and the Cosplay Events Team reserves the right to cancel any performance at any time.
- If you break any equipment or cause any damage to the facility you are responsible for paying to replace it.
- The weapons policy and convention rules also apply to all Cosplay Events.
- No fire, flash powder, lasers, explosives or open flame of any kind will be allowed. Electronic flashes will be permitted provided that you notify the Event Coordinator in advance, and it must be announced by the MC to protect those who may be negatively affected by flashing lights. Strobe lights are not permitted.
- You must enter and exit the stage using the areas designated by the event staff. No jumping onto or off of the stage is allowed.
- Failure to follow any of Cosplay Event rules on this page or on the event-specific pages may result in immediate removal from the event and may prohibit you from participating in future events
Questions? Use the Contact Form and select "Cosplay HQ & Cosplay Events"