THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN VOLUNTEERING FOR CONNECTICON. APPLICATIONS FOR 2013 ARE NOW CLOSED. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE STOP BY VOLUNTEER OPERATIONS AT THE CONVENTION.
All Volunteer positions of ConnectiCon are unpaid positions. They consist of people who believe in the community and the success of the organization. Without their time and committment, ConnectiCon could not exist. An interest in attending conventions, in their fandom, and previous convention experience is not required to join; however, it is helpful to have experience/knowledge in any of these areas. You must be at least 16 years of age by the convention to become a Volunteer.
ConnectiCon is always looking for a few more volunteers, and if you've volunteered at ConnectiCon in the past, you know how much fun it is. If you haven't volunteered in the past, then you'll just have to sign up and discover how much fun you'll have working with your fellow fans to make Connecticut's largest fandom convention run smoothly.
Volunteers will be responsible for their actions, all con rules apply to volunteers. At any point when a volunteer breaks a rule, he or she will be reprimanded and will have an infraction point punched on their volunteer badge. After two infraction points, the volunteer will be asked to stop volunteering and, depending on the infractions, will be removed from the convention.
- Complaints from ConnectiCon Staff, other Volunteers, or ConnectiCon Guest and Members
- Sexual Harassment
- Striking a Staff member, Volunteer or ConnectiCon Guest or Member
- The use of alcohol or illegal substances during ConnectiCon
- The loss of Connecticon property
- Any infringement of the Convention or Staff Rules
All Volunteers are required to read and sign a contract that tells them what is expected of them and what will happen if they fail to do what is expected. Now for the good stuff...
You'll also be rewarded for helping out! Below you will see what rewards can be earned for your efforts:
- Up to 8 hours: You can drop your stuff off and hang out for a bit in Volunteer Headquarters with the the Party Monster! RAWR! There should also be some snacks and refreshments available for Volunteers if hanging with the Party Monster isn't your thing.
8 - 16 hours: You'll get an "exclusive" ConnectiCon Volunteer T-Shirt!
If you want the T-shirt before your eight hours are signed off on, all we require is a five dollar ($5) deposit on the shirt, which you will receive back after you have completed your eight hours. If you love the shirt so much that you don't want your five dollars back, we'll give you a second shirt!
- 16 - 24 hours: If you've gotten your snacks, had fun hanging out with the Party Monster, decided to take an extra Volunteer Shirt instead of your five dollar deposit back and are looking for more rewards... another eight hours will earn you a free membership to next year's ConnectiCon, where repeating the whole process will earn you another free membership!
24 or more hours: For all that hard work, you deserve a place to crash! We'll provide you with a place to sleep, shared with a few other hearty Volunteers, and a Staff member or two to keep things under control. You'll have a place to leave your stuff, sleep, AND shower every day. Chances are, you'll even get a breakfast out of the deal too!
Crash space is limited, so we do ask folks who are going to be looking for crash space to sign up for their Volunteer shifts in advance and stick to them once they've signed on. Folks who don't sign up in advance will need to have completed at least eight (8) hours of volunteer shifts by Friday night and are scheduled for sixteen (16) more hours between Saturday and Sunday. The volunteer director, vice-chairman or chairman have the final say on use of crash space.
Still want to help out? Fill out the submission form, and we will let you know about opportunities within the organization.