Artists' Colony Registration for 2013 is SOLD OUT.
If you did not get a space this year, we thank you for your interest and encourage you to try again in the future. Check back here in August for updates.
NOTE: If you are a webcomic, you may be invited to join the Online Media Guest Hall.
In addition to regular All-Weekend Membership Benefits, Artists and Associates in the Artists' Colony have access to additional benefits, which include, but are not limited to:
An 8' x 8' booth space (includes one 6' table, two chairs, an 8' pipe and drape backdrop and 3' pipe and drape side rails) in the Artists' Colony, which is where you and other artists like yourself setup shop and are able to display and sell their art work.
You will have access to the Artists' Colony for set-up on Thursday evening from 6pm - 10pm, and for one hour before it opens to general members each day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). You will also be able to remain in the Artists' Colony for up to 30 minutes after it closes each night.
Each booth may add a maximum of 2 Artists' Colony Associate Memberships. (What you do with your extra membership badge is up to you. We recommend you bring a friend along to help you watch the table, when you need to eat or want to venture off and see the convention).
Keep in mind, that Artists' Colony Memberships are limited by the amount of space we can allocate towards booths, and will close once we sell out.
Artists' Colony Membership Pricing
Artists' Colony Membership: $250.00- includes two badges with full access to the convention, and an 8' x 8' pipe and draped booth with a table and two chairs.
Artists' Colony Associate Membership: $35.00- includes full access to the convention (up to 2 per booth.)
Instructions for Registering for an Artists’ Colony Booth
READ THE INFORMATION/DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEDING.
If you have any problems or have questions about the process, you can e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or post on our member forums. Admins will be standing by during the launch of registration to assist you, but it is always best to ask well before hand.
Please note: Due to the increase in interest in the AC- if you have already purchased a membership, you will first need to purchase an AC booth and then request a refund for your regular membership. (Please send requests to email@example.com)
Here is an image of the new Exhibit Hall Map (Artists' Colony is towards the bottom):
Reserved Spaces: AC-17, AC-22, AC-23, AC-27, AC-28, AC-33, AC-34, AC-38
1. Log into your account. (If you have not logged into your account since the site re-launch, you will need to reset your password.)
2. Make sure you have your CT Tax ID number and PayPal information ready. Also, have 2 or 3 spaces in mind that you are interested in, just in case your favorite picks fill up.
3. Fill out the form thoroughly- Assume that all information is required because most of it will be. (Your Studio Information and/or website will be displayed on the new map, so consider ahead of time what you would like people to know about your business.)
4. If you have other people helping at your booth, make sure you have their membership information: names, birthdates, e-mail addresses.
- If you do not know who will be your Assistant, or do not plan to have one, select “No.” You will have two badges available under your name if needed.
- If you need additional badges, they can be purchased for $35 each (up to 2 of these for a total of 4 people per booth).
5. Once you have filled out the form and proceeded to the next page, you will be able to click on a space of your choice, or select one from the drop-down menu. Dark spaces are already taken. If you hover over those spaces, you will be able to see who has already purchased that space.
6. Once you have chosen a booth, you will be brought to a confirmation page where you can either go back to edit the information or click “proceed to checkout.”
7. Choose your method of payment before submitting.
- If you select “PayPal,” you will be redirected to the PayPal site to log in and complete your order. (You will have 24 hours to submit your payment before your space opens up again.)
- If you select “Mail in,” you will be taken to a screen where you can print off your invoice and submit it by snail mail with cash, check, or money order. (Payments must be processed within 14 days, otherwise your space will open up again.)
8. Check your account to make sure your registration was processed. You can find your invoice on your member dashboard (main page upon logging in) under either “orders” or “memberships.”
10. HAVE FUN.
ALL MEMBERSHIPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. BY REGISTERING AS AN ARTISTS' COLONY MEMBER, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE AC/MEMBERSHIP RULES.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU HAVE A STATE OF CONNECTICUT SALES & USE TAX PERMIT TO BECOME AN ARTISTS' COLONY MEMBER. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER AN ARTISTS' COLONY MEMBERSHIP WITHOUT ONE. (To view information about the CT Sales & Use Tax Permit click here.) IF YOU ARE FOUND TO BE REGISTERING WITH FALSE INFORMATION, WE WILL RETURN YOUR PAYMENT AND OPEN YOUR SPACE UP FOR SOMEONE ELSE.