Watch your favorite pop culture icons, dance, sing, and move to the beat as there are trying to get the love and attention of the Connecticon audience! In a 4 way battle where only the best of those 4 move on to the next round!
Participate in groups, solos, just bring a body and watch as the audience chooses their favorites!
The Connecticon Lip Sync Battle is a PG-13 event. We do advise parents and younger audience members to take this into account.
Do you want to see how well you will fair in the brackets? Then fight for your honor and sign up now!
IMPORTANT: Please take some time to read the rules. There may be something that is run differently at this convention than others that you have attended.
Information & Rules
Registration & Checking In
• Lip Sync Battle participants MUST check-in at Cosplay HQ to confirm their participation in the ConnectiCon Lip Sync Battle. You will receive an event badge after you have checked in. If you cannot check in during these times, then you MUST contact the Cosplay Games Coordinator. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Cosplay Event Check-In (Cosplay HQ in the Marriott Hotel):
Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
• Check-in is required in order to participate in the ConnectiCon Lip Sync Battle.
• All participants that have been accepted MUST check-in during the listed times or your spot will be given to another participant.
• There is no on-site registration for the ConnectiCon Lip Sync Battle. You must apply online before the deadline, June 15th, in order to be considered as a participant.
• Each contestant will submit 4 different songs for preformance, the first 3 will be restricted to 1 minute in length, while the final song extends that to 2 minutes (as the final battle).
• This will be a 16 team (a team comprising of either a solo/duo/trio act) single elimination competition. Audience will decide the winner through applause/cheering.
• Participants are NOT chosen on a first come/first serve basis. They will be chosen based on the following criteria:
-Character popularity (the more recognizable, the better)
-Costume quality/ suitability for Lip Sync Battle
You MUST include a picture of you in costume when applying; the applications that have no pictures will not be considered. The picture that we are looking for is you in costume and not a picture of the character.
• Large costumes will be allowed and may be considered, but they must have easy mobility.
• Minors (those under 18 years of age) may not participate in the Lip Sync Battle unless given written permission by a legal guardian. Forms will be available both at the convention and online. If you are a minor, please bring the signed copy with you to the cosplay check-in.
• By registering, all Lip Sync Battle participants agree to let ConnectiCon use their images for promotional purposes – Both photographs and video. All participants will be required to sign a waiver at their at-con check-in acknowledging this. If you do not sign a waiver, you will not be allowed to appear in the Lip Sync Battle.
Rules & Regulations
• Once each participant has been selected, they will be required to promptly respond to e-mails with the Cosplay Games Coordinator. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the Lip Sync Battle.
• You MUST be present for the Lip Sync Battle set-up on Sunday. All information will be covered there such as rules. Anyone who does not show up for the Lip Sync Battle set-up is considered a ‘no-show’ and will not be allowed in the Lip Sync Battle.
• The general rules for the Lip Sync Battle will be covered at the set-up on Sunday. Make sure you listen to the directions given by the staff during this time, as well as during the event. If you do not follow the rules set up by the Coordinator and staff, you will not be allowed to participate in subsequent years.
• If you need to look at stage specs, you will have the opportunity during setup.
• All characters must come from the following genres: Fantasy, sci-fi, webcomics, anime, cartoons, comics, movies and video games. If there are any questions regarding whether your costume falls into one of these categories please contact the Cosplay Games Coordinator (email@example.com).
• Original Characters: Fan created/original/generic characters are not allowed. That includes faeries, cat girls, generic angels and anything that does not have a set name/costume reference from an official source.
• Parents are allowed (and encouraged) to be backstage with any participants under the age of 14, especially for participants under the age of 12.
• There will be no live microphones onstage.
• This is not a scripted show. It is improvisational.
• Respect other participants. The attacks onstage are not real. Please be careful not to hurt someone or ruin another person's costume. Keep physical contact to a minimum unless you have discussed your attack with your opponent previously. If you need to practice an attack, you may do so during the set-up period.
• No fire, flash powder, lasers, explosives or open flame of any kind will be allowed. Electronic flashes will be permitted provided that you notify the Cosplay Games Coordinator in advance. Strobe lights are not permitted.
• Please do not wear any messy substance that may get on another participants costume. Any body make-up or paint should not come off in casual contact.
• Do not bring anything on stage that you cannot take off with you (Examples: Confetti, rose petals, glitter, etc.).
• There will be no electrical hookups on stage so please keep your costumes self contained.
• You must enter and exit the stage using the areas designated by the Lip Sync Battle staff. No jumping onto or off of the stage is allowed. Failure to follow these rules will result in disqualification and possible removal from the event.
• Keep all content to PG-13 and under. This is a family friendly convention. No foul language, explicit gestures, nudity, etc. Use good judgment; if it would get you arrested in public it doesn't belong here.
• We have the right to cancel any performance at any time.
• DAMAGES:If you break any equipment or cause any damage to the facility you are responsible for paying to replace it. Be aware of cords, curtains, screens, etc. to prevent any damage.
• The weapons policy and convention rules also apply here. This is for your and other’s safety.
• Last but not least – HAVE FUN!!