Get ready for a FIGHT!
See your favorite pop culture icons get thrown into the arena against each other like gladiators and fight to the death. All of the selected characters line up on stage and are hand picked to enter the battle. Go wild and scream battle cries for your favorite warriors as worlds collide! Will fate take them to Valhalla or to the bowels of Niflheim? Only the fighting arena holds the answers.
The much loved Mookie returns once again to host the Connecticon Death Match. He and his warrior ladies at his side will get the audience involved by having them cheer for the best warrior in the arena. Each battle will rely heavily on audience participation as the winner of each battle will be based on the audience's response. The audience favorite will move onto the next round, while the loser meets his demise at the bare hands of their opponent.
The Connecticon Death Match is a PG-13 event. We do advise parents and younger audience members to take this into account.
Do you want to see how well you will fair in the brackets? Then fight for your honor and sign up now!
IMPORTANT: Please take some time to read the rules. There may be something that is run differently at this convention than others that you have attended.
Registration & Checking In
• Death Match participants MUST check-in at Cosplay HQ to confirm their participation in the ConnectiCon Death Match. You will receive an event badge after you have checked in. If you cannot check in during these times, then you MUST contact the Cosplay Games Coordinator. (email@example.com)
• Cosplay Event Check-In (Cosplay HQ in the Marriott Hotel):
Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
• Check-in is required in order to participate in the ConnectiCon Death Match.
• All participants that have been accepted MUST check-in during the listed times or your spot will be given to another participant.
• There is no on-site registration for the ConnectiCon Death Match. You must apply online before the deadline, June 8th, in order to be considered as a participant.
• Participants are NOT chosen on a first come/first serve basis. They will be chosen based on the following criteria:
-Character popularity (the more recognizable, the better)
-Costume quality/ suitability for Death Match
You MUST include a picture of you in costume when applying; the applications that have no pictures will not be considered. The picture that we are looking for is you in costume and not a picture of the character.
• Participants will be selected only as warriors to fight in battle.
• Large costumes will be allowed and may be considered, but they must have easy mobility.
• Minors (those under 18 years of age) may not participate in the Death Match unless given written permission by a legal guardian. Forms will be available both at the convention and online. If you are a minor, please bring the signed copy with you to the cosplay check-in.
• By registering, all Death Match participants agree to let ConnectiCon use their images for promotional purposes – Both photographs and video. All participants will be required to sign a waiver at their at-con check-in acknowledging this. If you do not sign a waiver, you will not be allowed to appear in the Death Match.
• Once each participant has been selected, they will be required to promptly respond to e-mails with the Cosplay Games Coordinator. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the Death Match.
• You MUST be present for the Death Match set-up on Saturday. All information will be covered there such as rules. Anyone who does not show up for the Death Match set-up is considered a ‘no-show’ and will not be allowed in the Death Match.
• The general rules for the Death Match will be covered at the set-up on Saturday. Make sure you listen to the directions given by the staff during this time, as well as during the event. If you do not follow the rules set up by the Coordinator and staff, you will not be allowed to participate in subsequent years.
• If you need to look at stage specs, you will have the opportunity during the Death Match set-up.
• All characters must come from the following genres: Fantasy, sci-fi, webcomics, anime, cartoons, comics, movies and video games. If there are any questions regarding whether your costume falls into one of these categories please contact the Cosplay Games Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Original Characters: Fan created/original/generic characters are not allowed. That includes faeries, cat girls, generic angels and anything that does not have a set name/costume reference from an official source.
• Parents are allowed (and encouraged) to be backstage with any participants under the age of 14, especially for participants under the age of 12.
• There will be no live microphones onstage.
• This is not a scripted show. It is improvisational.
• Respect other participants. The attacks onstage are not real. Please be careful not to hurt someone or ruin another person's costume. Keep physical contact to a minimum unless you have discussed your attack with your opponent previously. If you need to practice an attack, you may do so during the set-up period.
• No fire, flash powder, lasers, explosives or open flame of any kind will be allowed. Electronic flashes will be permitted provided that you notify the Cosplay Games Coordinator in advance. Strobe lights are not permitted.
• Please do not wear any messy substance that may get on another participants costume. Any body make-up or paint should not come off in casual contact.
• Do not bring anything on stage that you cannot take off with you (Examples: Confetti, rose petals, glitter, etc.).
• There will be no electrical hookups on stage so please keep your costumes self contained.
• You must enter and exit the stage using the areas designated by the Death Match staff. No jumping onto or off of the stage is allowed. Failure to follow these rules will result in disqualification and possible removal from the event.
• Keep all content to PG-13 and under. This is a family friendly convention. No foul language, explicit gestures, nudity, etc. Use good judgment; if it would get you arrested in public it doesn't belong here.
• We have the right to cancel any performance at any time.
• DAMAGES: If you break any equipment or cause any damage to the facility you are responsible for paying to replace it. Be aware of cords, curtains, screens, etc. to prevent any damage.
• The weapons policy and convention rules also apply here. This is for your and other’s safety.
• Last but not least – HAVE FUN!!