The Dating Game is a comedic event where a bachelor or bachelorette sits on one side of the stage, and asks three hidden contestants a series of questions to win a date! Unlike many other conventions, the ConnectiCon Dating Game is a PG-13 event. It features both straight and gay rounds! We do advise parents and younger audience members to take into account that the content of this event will be nothing more or less than PG-13.
Unlike many other conventions, the Connecticon Dating Game is a PG-13 event. It features both straight and gay rounds! We do advise parents and younger audience members to take into account that the content of this event will be nothing more or less than PG-13.
IMPORTANT: Please take some time to read the rules. There may be something that is run differently at this convention than others that you have attended.
• Dating Game participants MUST check-in at Cosplay HQ before 4:00 PM on Friday. You will receive an event badge after you have checked in. If you cannot check in during these times, then you MUST contact the Dating Game Coordinator (Sassak.firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Cosplay Event Check-In (Cosplay HQ in the Marriott Hotel):
Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
• All participants MUST check-in during the listed times or your spot will be given to another person.
• There will be NO at-con registration for the Connecticon Dating Game. Please pre-register online.
• Participants are not chosen on a first come/first serve basis. They will be chosen based on the following criteria:
-Character popularity (the more recognizable, the better)
-Costume quality/ suitability for Cosplay Chess
You MUST include a picture of you in costume when applying; the applications that have no pictures will not be considered. The picture that we are looking for is you in costume and not a picture of the character.
• Participants will be selected as either a contestant or bachelor/bachelorette.
• Minors (those under 18 years of age) may apply for the Connecticon Dating Game, but they must be over the age of 16. If chosen, they must be given written permission by a legal guardian. Forms will be available both at the convention and are online. If you are a minor, please bring the signed copy with you to the cosplay check-in located at Cosplay HQ desk.
• The Connecticon Dating Game is a PG-13 event and still features a yaoi, yuri and hetero round. Please be conscious of this when submitting an application. No R-Rated material will be allowed.
• By registering, all Dating Game participants agree to let ConnectiCon use their images for promotional purposes – Both photographs and video. All participants will be required to sign a waiver at their at-con check-in acknowledging this. If you do not sign a waiver, you will not be allowed to appear in the Connecticon Dating Game.
• Once each participant has been selected, they will be required to promptly respond to e-mails with the event coordinator. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the Connection Dating Game.
• You MUST be present for the Dating Game set-up on Friday night. All information will be covered there such as rules. Anyone who does not show up for the Dating Game set-up is considered a ‘no-show’ and will not be allowed in the Connecticon Dating Game.
• The general rules for the Dating Game will be covered at the set-up on Friday. Make sure you listen to the directions given by the staff during this time, as well as during the event. If you do not follow the rules set up by the Coordinator and staff, you will not be allowed to participate in subsequent years.
• All characters must come from the following genres: Fantasy, sci-fi, webcomics, anime, cartoons, comics, movies and video games. If there are any questions regarding whether your costume falls into one of these categories please contact the Dating Game coordinator (Sassak.email@example.com).
• Original Characters: Fan created/original/generic characters are not allowed. That includes faeries, cat girls, generic angels and anything that does not have a name/costume reference from an official source.
• There will only be stationary microphones on stage.
• This is not a scripted show. It is improvisational.
• There are no prizes for the Connecticon Dating Game.
• Respect other participants. Please be careful not to hurt someone or ruin another person's costume. Keep physical contact to a minimum unless you have discussed it with the other participants before hand.
• No fire, flash powder, lasers, explosives or open flame of any kind will be allowed. Electronic flashes will be permitted provided that you notify the Dating Game coordinator in advance. Strobe lights are not permitted.
• Please do not wear any messy substance that may get on another participants costume. Any body make-up or paint should not come off in casual contact.
• Do not bring anything on stage that you cannot take off with you (Examples: Confetti, rose petals, etc.).
• There will be no electrical hookups on stage so please keep your costumes self contained.
• You must enter and exit the stage using the areas designated by the Dating Game staff. No jumping onto or off of the stage is allowed. Failure to follow these rules will result in disqualification.
• Keep all content to PG-13 and under. This is a family friendly convention. No foul language, explicit gestures, nudity, etc. Use good judgment; if it would get you arrested in public it doesn't belong here.
• We have the right to cancel any performance at any time.
• DAMAGES: If you break any equipment or cause any damage to the facility you are responsible for paying to replace it. Be aware of cords, curtains, screens, etc. to prevent any damage.
• The weapons policy and convention rules also apply here. This is for your and other’s safety.
• Last but not least – HAVE FUN!!